Washtenaw Community College

Search Washtenaw Community College



   WCC Home: About WCC: College Information: College Archives: WCC Timeline
Click this icon for print-friendly version Print-friendly format Click this icon to e-mail this web page. E-mail this page  


WCC Timeline: 1967

Student Center Building

Student Center Building



Ann Arbor Review

Ann Arbor Review



WCC Basketball Team

WCC Basketball Team

January 1967

Official school colors approved by the Board of Trustees on recommendation of the Student Senate. They are green, gold, and white

January 1967

WCC Education Association, an affiliate of the Michigan Education Association wins recognition as the exclusive bargaining representative for the college's 41 full-time instructors.

April 1967

Board of Trustees approves the name "Warriors" as the college's team name

July 1967

WCC Automotive Center on Carpenter Road is purchased by Board of Trustees

September 1967

WCC's first graduating class of 12 students complete a one-year program in Inhalation Therapy.

Fall 1967

The Ann Arbor Review, "A Quarterly Magazine of Literature" begins publication at WCC. It is published through 1979.

Fall 1967

WCC athletic program is established offering baseball, basketball, bowling, track and cross-country to students. The program runs through 1981-82.


Go back in time and learn the history of our institution by clicking on a year in the timeline below.





  1959




  1961

  


  1964

  


  1965

 


  1966

 


  1967

 


  1968

 


  1969




  1970

 


  1971

 


  1972

 


  1973

 


  1974

 


  1975

 


  1976

 


  1977

 


  1978

 


  1979




  1980

 


  1981

 


  1982

 


  1983

 


  1984

 


  1985

 


  1986

 


  1987

 


  1988

 


  1989




  1990

 


  1991

 


  1992

 


  1993

 


  1994

 


  1995

 


  1996

 


  1997

 


  1998

 


  1999




  2000

 

  2001

 


  2002