Washtenaw Community College

Search Washtenaw Community College



   WCC Home: About WCC: College Information: College Archives: WCC Timeline
Click this icon for print-friendly version Print-friendly format Click this icon to e-mail this web page. E-mail this page  


WCC Timeline: 1970

Technical and Industrial Building

Technical and Industrial Building

Huron River Dr. campus featured several temporary buildings prior to completion of construction

Huron River Dr. campus featured several temporary buildings prior to completion of construction

Liberal Arts & Sciences Building

Liberal Arts & Sciences Building

January 1970

The Technical and Industrial Building on the WCC permanent campus opens.

1970

Exact Sciences Building (renamed Liberal Arts and Sciences Building) opens on the WCC permanent campus.

1970

Custodial staff at WCC become unionized as an affiliate of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees.

September 1970

Willow Run campus closes. WCC moves operations to Huron River Drive campus.

November 1970

New community college millage is approved by Washtenaw County voters.


Go back in time and learn the history of our institution by clicking on a year in the timeline below.





  1959




  1961

  


  1964

  


  1965

 


  1966

 


  1967

 


  1968

 


  1969




  1970

 


  1971

 


  1972

 


  1973

 


  1974

 


  1975

 


  1976

 


  1977

 


  1978

 


  1979




  1980

 


  1981

 


  1982

 


  1983

 


  1984

 


  1985

 


  1986

 


  1987

 


  1988

 


  1989




  1990

 


  1991

 


  1992

 


  1993

 


  1994

 


  1995

 


  1996

 


  1997

 


  1998

 


  1999




  2000

 

  2001

 


  2002