FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
These are some of the most frequently asked questions that
we receive at the Curriculum and Assessment Office. If you do not
find the answer to your question, you can contact us.
Please select either Curriculum or
Assessment for related questions and answers.
Curriculum: Frequently Asked Questions
What date should I use as the effective term when submitting a Course and Syllabus Form or a Program Change Form?
Look to see what the C & A approval deadlines are for the type of approval you are requesting and select the date. Put the Effective Termwhen the change should take placeon the top right corner of the first page. If a course will not be offered until winter semester, but it needs to be included in the catalog, make the effective term the upcoming fall semester.
Show all answers
- Where do I submit course and program proposals?
- If I am having problems with a curriculum-related form, where should I look for help?
- Where can I find copies of an official course syllabus?
- How much of the Course/Syllabus Form do I have to complete for a minor change to an existing course?
- How much of the Course/Syllabus Form do I have to complete for a new course?
- How do I get a course approved for transfer to another college or university?
- How do I get a course approved to fulfill a General Education Requirement?
- I want to change the number of a course. What do I do?
- I'm ready to forward the Course and Syllabus Form to my Department Chair, but I'm not sure if I filled it out correctly. What should I do?
- What date should I use as the effective term when submitting a Course and Syllabus Form or a Program Change Form?
- I need a new course number. How do I do this?
- What does it mean when a course has conditional approval, as opposed to a full approval?
- What is the Curriculum Committee and why do they review courses and programs?
- I saw an error in the catalog or on the WCC website pertaining to a course or program. What can I do?
- My department wants to print brochures, handouts, etc. for our programs. Do I need to notify anyone?
- My department wants to develop a new program. What form needs to be completed?
- What if I submit a curriculum proposal to my Department Chair or Dean and it is not approved?
- What if I submit a curriculum proposal to the Vice President of Instruction and it is not approved?
- What if I submit a curriculum proposal and the Curriculum Committee and it is not approved?
- How can articulation agreements with other institutions be set up so that programs can transfer?