Washtenaw Community College

Search Washtenaw Community College

WCC Home: Health Care/departments/health/pta/

Click this icon for print-friendly version Print-friendly format
Click this icon to e-mail this web page. E-mail this page

Physical Therapist Assistant:


Program Information

PTA faculty


Application Information


Clinical Observations

Helpful Links

Physical Therapist Assistant Home

Health Care:

Dental Assisting


Pharmacy Technology

Physical Therapy»


Physical Therapist Assistant: Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to take the licensing examination in order to work as a PTA after graduation?
The State of Michigan requires licensure in order to work as a Physical Therapist Assistant. This means that graduates of the program must apply for licensure which includes graduation from the program, passing the national licensing examination and the Michigan jurisprudence examination. The application for licensure also includes a criminal background check.

  1. How do I arrange clinical observations?

  2. Can I attend the program part-time?

  3. I have completed all of my general education courses. Can I complete the Physical Therapist Assistant program in less than two years?

  4. I have a job. Can I keep it?

  5. What are the physical requirements for the program?

  6. Can I choose where I go for clinicals?

  7. Where will my clinicals be?

  8. Do I have to take the licensing examination in order to work as a PTA after graduation?

  9. How do I get an application for the PTA program

Show all answers

Allied Health

Home / Academics / Services / Activities / News & Events / About Us / Jobs / Contact Us
© 2015 Washtenaw Community College, 4800 East Huron River Dr,  Ann Arbor MI  48105-4800
734-973-3300 / Feedback & Suggestions / | Flickr | You Tube