Applying for Admission to the Radiography Program
A limited number of students are admitted to the Radiography Program
each year. All students enter the program during the summer term.
Application packets may be obtained from the WCC Office of Admissions
by calling 734-973-3596. Applicants will be screened based on the following
Program Admission Requirements:
- Completion and submission of an application for admission to the College.
- Completion and submission of an application for admission to the Radiography Program
- Completion of all pre-requisite courses before entry to the program
- Residency status (Washtenaw County residents are given priority)
- Date of application
Admission to the Radiography Program is on a first-come basis for all qualified applicants who have met all
the admission requirements. A limited number of students are admitted to the Radiography Program each year.
Application packets may be obtained from the WCC Office of Admissions. Applications may be submitted prior
to completing all prerequisite course requirements. Applicants will be screened based on the following
Students who meet the WCC residency policy are admitted from Washtenaw County and surrounding counties
in which the program has established clinical affiliates. Contact the Program Director for a current
listing of the program clinical affiliates.
- Completion of an application for admission to the Radiography program.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses by January 1 (see below for specific courses).
- Residency status.
Note: Individuals who have been convicted of a felony or have an abuse record may not be permitted to
take the national registry examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT). Students with questions should contact the ARRT (651.687.0048) to inquire about eligibility to
take the ARRT examination prior to applying for the Radiography Program.
- Date of application to the Radiography Program.
Applicants must possess a valid high school diploma or GED.
Applicants must complete the following high school courses or equivalent WCC courses with a grade of "C" or better:
Post Admission Requirements:
- One year of high school biology or BIO 101: Concepts of Biology.
- One year of high school algebra or MTH 097: Foundations of Algebra or minimum COMPASS Algebra score of 46.
- Completion of BIO 109 or an equivalent college-level anatomy and physiology course.
- Completion of RAD 100, Introduction to Diagnostic Imaging.
- Admission to the Radiography program is contingent upon students declaring that they have specific
physical and cognitive abilities. These requirements are detailed in the Radiography program admission
packet, which can be obtained from the Office of Admissions. WCC reserves the right to request that
students successfully demonstrate the specific cognitive and physical abilities related to the Radiography Program.
One class is admitted each year in the Spring/Summer semester. Upon official notification of admission to
the Radiography program, students are required to:
Students who fail to comply with the post admission requirements will not be permitted to register for classes
and will forfeit their seat in the program.
- Attend a mandatory Radiography Orientation Session.
- Submit evidence of medical insurance.
- Submit a current certification in CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Submit documentation of a physical examination by a licensed physician or nurse practitioner.
- Submit immunization records.
- Students must demonstrate basic computer literacy skills by successfully pass the Computer and Information
Literacy Test. The test may be taken at any point during the program, but must be completed before graduating.