Apprenticeship Training: Frequently Asked Questions
Can companies without a labor union workforce representation set up apprenticeship programs?
Yes, about sixty percent of the employers who send apprentices to WCC are non-union shops. The US DOL recognizes both types of programs. The College has a long, productive history of serving all employers in Southeastern Michigan.
Show all answers
- As an individual what do I need to do to become an apprentice?
- I need to hire a (any manufacturing or maintenance classification). Will you post the job description in your (any technology) classroom?
- How much does apprenticeship training cost?
- When can we start apprenticeship training?
- How do I set up an apprentice training program?
- Can companies without a labor union workforce representation set up apprenticeship programs?
- Some of my employees do not have High School Diplomas. Are they eligible to participate in training programs at the College?