Examples of grants received to fund initiatives at Washtenaw Community College:
- The Division of Continuing Education received two grants totaling $1500 to support their Domestic
Violence education programs, "Inside the Batterer's Mind" and "Lethality in Abusive Relationships." The
grant offset program expenses so that course fees could be reduced, making them affordable to more students.
- The Harriet Street Center received a $3,000 grant from the Ypsilanti Area Community Fund to support a
girls group aimed at promoting self-esteem and conflict resolution among teenage girls.
- Gallery One received a $10,000 from General Motors and $4,000 from the Michigan Council for the Arts
and Cultural Affairs to help fund the 2005-2006 art series which will feature an exhibit by reknowned Latin
American artist, Leonardo Nierman. The grant will assist with program costs and special outreach activities
to high school audiences.
- The Collector's Foundation provided a $10,000 grant to support scholarships for students in Automotive programs.
- A $123,000 grant was secured from the State of Michigan's Department of Labor and Economic Growth to support
entrepreneurship education articulation with public high schools in Washtenaw and Livingston counties.
- The SBTDC received a $5,000 grant to fund membership in the Athena Powerlink program.
- The Student Resource and Women's Center received $45,000 to assist the students it serves.