Blackboard (Faculty): Frequently Asked Questions
How do I learn how to use Blackboard in my classes?
The Center for Instructional Design and Technology (The Center) offers a variety of ways for you to learn how to use the Blackboard course management system. You can attend formal training sessions or come during Open Lab times.
The formal training sessions offered by The Center cover all aspects of Blackboard. Each session focuses on a different aspect or feature of Blackboard and you can attend them in almost any order. You may access the most recent training schedule at www.wccnet.edu/resources/computerresources/blackboard/facultytraining.php.
At the top of the training schedule ( www.wccnet.edu/resources/computerresources/blackboard/facultytraining.php ), you will find the Open Lab times. These times allow you to get one-on-one help using Blackboard and designing your class.
Show all answers
- What is Blackboard?
- How do I get a Blackboard website?
- I have a Blackboard website, how do I get a new one or copy an existing one?
- How do I log in to Blackboard?
- How do I learn how to use Blackboard in my classes?
- How will my students get access to my Blackboard website?
- How do I grant non-student Blackboard users access to my Blackboard website?
- How do I deny a student access to my Blackboard website?
- What happens to my Blackboard website at the end of the semester?
- My Blackboard class list is crowded with old course websites. How can I clean it up?
- Should I make an archive copy of my Blackboard website? How do I do it?
- How can I get additional Blackboard help?