Blackboard (Faculty): Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my Blackboard website at the end of the semester?
Six weeks after the end of a semester, Blackboard websites will automatically be made unavailable. If you would like to make your course unavailable sooner:
- Log in to your Blackboard website.
- Click on the Control Panel on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on Settings in the section called Course Options at the lower left.
- Click on Course Availability.
- Select "No" to make the course unavailable.
Show all answers
- What is Blackboard?
- How do I get a Blackboard website?
- I have a Blackboard website, how do I get a new one or copy an existing one?
- How do I log in to Blackboard?
- How do I learn how to use Blackboard in my classes?
- How will my students get access to my Blackboard website?
- How do I grant non-student Blackboard users access to my Blackboard website?
- How do I deny a student access to my Blackboard website?
- What happens to my Blackboard website at the end of the semester?
- My Blackboard class list is crowded with old course websites. How can I clean it up?
- Should I make an archive copy of my Blackboard website? How do I do it?
- How can I get additional Blackboard help?