Blackboard (Student): Frequently Asked Questions
Can my computer run Blackboard effectively?
The Blackboard software requires a current web browser, a current version of Java, and at least a dialup Internet connection. However, some Blackboard websites are rich with multimedia content. For this reason, WCC recommends:
Please see the Detecting your computer's capabilities page on the Distance Learning website to check for plug-ins already installed on your computer. Other software may be required depending on what courses you are taking. See your class syllabi for details.
- Pentium 4 PC or equivalent Macintosh computer.
- 128k or faster broadband connection to the Internet.
- Updated versions of the following software:
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Real Player
Show all answers
- How do I change my Blackboard password?
- I don't remember my netID password. How can I get it?
- What kind of web browser do I need to use Blackboard?
- I still have a question about Blackboard. Who do I contact for technical support?
- How do I log in to Blackboard?
- What's my netID and password?
- Where can I go to get Blackboard training?
- Can my computer run Blackboard effectively?
- What computer skills will I need for a class that uses Blackboard?
- I had problems with a quiz or exam in Blackboard. What should I do?