Take the GED Test:
There are two options for taking the GED Test:
- Take a GED preparation class to help you prepare for the test prior to testing. Washtenaw Community College offers GED preparation classes to qualified applicants at a cost of $30, which includes a book.
- Take the test without a preparation class. To find out more about taking
the test without a preparation class visit the
GED page of the Testing Center website.
Take a Skill Building (GED Preparation) Class Easy as 1-2-3!
- You must have a valid ID or drivers license to attend WCC.
- Attend one of our many orientations.
During the orientation you will:
Note: You must sign up for your orientation in advance; call 734-677-5006 to sign up.
- Hear an overview of the Skill Building Class.
- Take a skill assessment.
- Register for the Skill Building (GED Preparation) Class.
- Register for class during your orientation session. Note: The only way to register for a Skill Building (GED Preparation) Class is during an orientation session; you must bring a check or money order for $30 payable to Washtenaw Community College.
- Attend class.