Long Distance Phonecall Procedures
Staff wishing to make a long distance call should do the following:
- Attempt to dial the number on your phone. The College will shortly be changing phone service providers
and our local call area will be expanding, i.e., what is long distance now may be a local call in the future.
- If you are unable to complete the call, please call the OPT servicing your area. Non-instructional staff
should contact the appropriate Dean's office for call assistance.
- Provide the OPT with the number you wish to dial.
- Remain on the line while the OPT processes the call with the appropriate authorization code.
Authorization code calls will be monitored at the division level.
- Staff needing to make a long distance call in the evening or Saturday mornings in areas where clerical support is
not available should be referred to the Part-Time Faculty Commons (LASB 178) at ext. 5009.
- Staff who feel they do not have the correct access level (i.e., regional, state, etc) on their phone should contact their
Dean or executive officer and request a change in phone service.