Admissions: F-1 Visa International Students|
To be admitted to Washtenaw Community College, submit:
All documents must be original and mailed to:
- Application for Admission (online application). The student will receive their ID number by email and/or letter.
- F-1 Student Signature Form (PDF).
- F-2 Dependent Information Form (PDF), if the student is bringing any dependents.
- Personal Representative Form (PDF) if someone other than the student will be contacting WCC regarding their admission or if the student would like their I20 to be sent elsewhere.
- Notarized Financial Support Form (PDF) (with a Notary/Attorney signature AND their stamp or seal) from the student's financial supporter stating that the funds in the bank will be used to support the student's tuition, fees, books, living expenses, and medical insurance while attending WCC.
- Original bank letter from the student's financial supporter stating that the account balance, converted to U.S. dollars, is at least $18,000.00 to cover the student's tuition, fees, books, living expenses, and medical insurance while attending WCC.
- Certified original transcripts (must be in sealed envelope), from all previous secondary and post-secondary schools attended.
- If the original document is not in English, translations must be done by an Official Translation Agency. The original from which the translation was done must also be submitted.
- Secondary school transcripts need to show three to four years of courses taken and the marks/grades received for each term.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. Minimum scores:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
- 61 Internet test, or
- 500 Paper test
- WCC's TOEFL identification number is 1935
International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB):
Original test scores must be received by WCC directly from the testing authority.
WCC Office of Admissions/International
All of the above requirements have to be completed satisfactorily and submitted prior to the deadline. Once submitted, all documents become the permanent property of Washtenaw Community College.
4800 East Huron River Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-4800
All documents must be received by the College by the designated deadline date. If the date falls on a weekend
or holiday, the deadline is the first business day after the weekend or holiday.
- Fall Admission: July 15
- Winter Admission: November 15
Upon arrival at Washtenaw Community College
Note: Admitted students must complete the above checklist before they will be permitted to register for their first semester at WCC.
- Show proof of medical insurance including a medical evacuation and repatriation clause. Admitted students must show proof of this coverage for the duration of the semester they wish to register for.
- Coverage must be maintained while studying at WCC.
- Cancellation of the policy will result in the student not being able to register for future semesters.
- WCC does not maintain coverage for students and is not responsible for any medical, hospital, evacuation or repatriation expenses incurred by the student.
- Provide verification of visa status. Admitted students must include copies of
their I-94 card, visa and passport page (with photograph, date of issue and expiration). If the student is transferring and currently holding an F-1 visa, they must also include a copy of their current Form I-20.
- Complete an online orientation and schedule an appointment for the WCC F-1 Orientation and Assessment testing.
- All admitted F-1 visa students must enroll full-time at WCC and successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester during the academic year (Fall and Winter semesters).
- F-1 students are not permitted to work off campus without proper authorization.
- On-campus housing is not available at WCC. However, there are many apartment complexes and rental units nearby.
Contact International Student Admissions at 734-677-5148 or
submit a question about F-1 Visa International Student Admissions.
F-1 Visa International Students
Non-F-1 Visa International Students
Steps to Take Credit Classes at WCC