To help you get ready for college, WCC provides a two-part orientation process that includes online and in-person orientation. During orientation, you will:
Before you begin orientation, you must submit an
online application for admission and be notified that it has been accepted.
Who Must Complete Orientation?
All applicants are required to complete
online orientation except English as a Second Language (ESL) students. All new students also must attend in-person orientation unless you're exempt. You qualify for an exemption if you have any of the following:
To find out if you need to attend in-person orientation, log in to MyWCC and review your Application Checklist. If you must attend, sign up for a session. If you're exempt, you're encouraged but not required to attend.
- Official documentation that you've completed at least 15 credit hours at an accredited U.S. college with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Official documentation that you've completed a bachelor's or graduate degree from an approved English-speaking college
- Documentation that you're an approved apprentice from Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Visteon, or another company
- A valid guest student application from your home institution
When you come to in-person orientation, bring the following:
In-person orientation lasts from one to three hours, depending on the type of orientation that you must attend. Please note that in-person orientation is designed for students only. Family members and guests are invited to attend parent orientation.
- Photo ID
- Questions you may have about registering for classes, student life, or other subjects
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing for walking outdoors
If you need accommodation for a disability, contact Learning Support Services at 734-973-3342 or stop by Room LA 104 in the Crane Liberal Arts and Science Building to make arrangements. You must make arrangements at least two weeks before your session.
If you have questions about orientation, WCC's Orientation Manager can help. Contact Cristina Buzas by email or call 734-973-3701.