UA University @ WCC FAQ
Registration, Payment, and Tuition
- Do I need to be a UA member to participate?
Yes. Visit the Careers section of the United Association website for information on how to become a UA member.
- What degrees do you offer?
Associate degrees in Construction Supervision, Industrial Training, and Journeyman Industrial.
Applied Science or Science options are available.
Visit our programs page for more information
- How many and what classes do I have to take?
Check out our
for program outlines and course requirements.
- Can I transfer these degrees to a 4 year institution?
Yes. We recommend the
National Labor College or
Ferris State University.
- I have some prior college. Can I transfer these credits to your school?
Yes. Visit our Transfer Credit page
for instructions and mailing address.
- Is Washtenaw Community College accredited?
Yes we are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
Apprenticeship and UA STAR
- How can I apply to the college and register for courses?
You can complete our admission application as part of the Introduction to Online Learning class.
- How much is tuition?
$82 per credit hour (includes a $7 per credit hour technology/enrollment fee).
Materials costs will vary from course to course.
- How many credits do I get for my apprenticeship or UA STAR?
32 credits are awarded. 3 credits of math and 3 credits of science are awarded within these 32 credits.
- How do I schedule and prepare for the UA STAR Exam?
See your local training coordinator.
- What is College on Demand?
College on Demand
is an online, interactive format that allows you to take courses
from the comfort of your home without ever having to come to campus.