If you're a UA member interested in moving into construction management, five online Construction Supervision classes can help you achieve your goal. Taking the classes can also put you on the path to earning a certificate or an Associate degree - entirely online. The classes focus on supervision and project management skills, including human resources management, contracts, and other legal issues.
WCC's College on Demand offers the Construction Supervision classes online, which lets you:
- Watch and hear important concepts explained through video lectures.
- Manage your time by working on the class when it fits your schedule. You have up to 24 weeks to complete each class.
- Participate in discussion boards, submit assignments, and take tests - all without coming to campus.
- Learn from instructors who are accomplished professionals in their fields.
- Register and pay online.
- Get materials for the classes shipped directly to you.
Certificates and Degrees
Apprentices and journeypersons in the United Association of Plumbers who take the Construction Supervision classes can earn a certificate or two different degrees - entirely online.
If you take and pass the five Construction Supervision classes, you will earn a certificate.
If you pursue an Associate in Science degree or an Associate in Applied Science degree, you will receive non-traditional credit for your apprenticeship or UA Star. Here are the steps to earning your degree:
- Take the Introduction to Online Learning class.
Take the five Construction Supervision classes.
Take a limited number of General Education classes online.
For more information: or 888-232-5476
- This non-credit, self-paced class is designed to enable you to participate in Web-based instruction. The class explains how to use a class management system, including logging in, navigating, communicating, and taking online tests.
- You must complete this class within two weeks of registering.
- Registration Request for the Introduction to Online Learning class.